Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th

It's strange to post something today on the 6th anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on the United States. The news coverage from that day six years ago is still so vivid. I just want to acknowledge today. I want to say that while I personally was not touched by the tragedy that day other than being an American staring at the television in disbelief, I feel very deeply for all of those that were personally changed forever by losses too numerous to mention.

I don't mean to transition too quickly from my very sincere thought above, but my blog is about crafting, and I will still post a card creation today.

The "love" theme is very appropriate for today. The love heart is a rub on, the card front is Cuttlebug embossed, I added a single Prima with a brad, wrapped two ribbons from Michael's around the card front, and I was done. I love the colors.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments :

The Cryer Family said...

Hi Carol! Your cuttlebug cards look great!!
Thanks ever so much for your encouragment with my cards - maybe we get more and more critical with our own stuff the longer we look at it. With the flourish on the 2nd, it's done with 2 different flourishes from the Cricut Accent Essential cartridge, just done in black paper. I paid an absolute fortune for that cartridge on Ebay, beacuse you can normally only get it with their new machine. I really should use it more, to get my money's worth!

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Beautiful card... thinking of you all today... scary 6 years on :(

Simone said...

I love this card,too!
And,for a day like it is today,just perfect,don't you think so?

jo said...

Great cards!

Hard to believe 6 years have passed isn't it?

Alhambra Club said...

Love how you did the embossing on the background, great card.

Patsy Jackson said...

Carole

Your card is beautiful - just gorgeous! Love the colours and the rubon on the heart!

I remember visiting New York the year after 9/11 and seeing the destruction it has caused even one year one - terrible day for people all over. 6 years ago - gosh I'm sure it seems in people's minds like it was only yesterday!