Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dog Treat Jars

I'm having one of those weeks where I'm doing everything BUT crafting. I hope that changes today. I really want to create some cards or a couple of scrapbook pages.


So, what do you think of these dog treat jars? I made these (and other jars that I don't have pictures of) for Christmas gifts last year for all of our 4-legged friends. I'm going to make more jars this year. I have to admit that finding great jars is the hardest part! The big jar that says "Paddy" used to hold some kind of pretzel bites from Sam's Club. The "Princess" jar is from Target, and it held gourmet carmel/nut cluster popcorn. The small jar is a Miracle Whip jar (OK, that one is easy to get). The dog themed papers are Karen Foster, and the pink papers are Sandylion. I added letter stickers that say "good boy" or "good girl". I have various dog-themed ribbons tied around.


I even decorated the tops of the lids. I cut circles with my Coluzzle and with my Cricut. The letters on Paddy's jar are Base Camp, and on Lucy's jar they are All Mixed Up. I'm sad to say that Lucy has since passed away. She was my sister-in-law's dog, and she was quite old and ill. She lived a good life though, and she was very loved! Paddy is my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's dog. Princess belongs to us. Here's a picture of Princess. I've posted her photo before, but she's so darn cute, I'm posting it again!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have some fun NEW cards to post tomorrow!

4 comments :

~Jules~ said...

What a wonderful, original idea!
Do you mind If I add you to my blog as a link to my "blog friends"
Julieann

My Paper World said...

Oh!! So cute, I love them, especially the princess one!

The Cryer Family said...

These are cute - what a good idea! They're giving me ideas for maybe decorating ones for kids with mini gifts too...

mum-on-the-run said...

Aww, they're SO cute!!