Friday, September 21, 2007

Cuttlebug pup cards

I didn't create anything new yesterday. When I got some free time, I was reading Harry Potter! I just finished the 6th book, and I'm going to start the 7th and last book today. I've been addicted to these books since they came out, and I read the 1st through the 4th as soon as they came out. I got behind on the 5th and 6th, and when the 7th came out, I realized that in order to do the story justice, I should start at the beginning and read them all straight through. So, I started at the beginning of the summer, I've read six, and I'm just about to start the last one! I'm just blown away by J.K. Rowling and her creative, captivating story. I've tried very hard to stay away from any spoilers, so the 7th will have some surprises for me. While I'm so excited to read it, I'm going to be very sad to have the adventure end. Any Harry Potter fans out there?


My husband and girls got the Cuttlebug for me last Christmas, and with it, they got me the 4 pup small embossing folders. When I tried the machine the first time, I just embossed the pup images on scraps. I can't throw anything away, so I just HAD TO create cards with my first embossed images. These cards are the result. Totally not too exciting, and if I were going to create these today, I would add a little something to the images. Maybe some ink, maybe some stickles, . . . I'm not sure, but something. This little pup with the heart is so cute. I added a heart gem, some ribbon with the Fastenator, and I stamped the sentiment.

This pup being lifted by the balloon is also so cute! I matted him, mounted it with brads, and stamped the birthday sentiment with a Stampin' Up stamp. I hope to have something a little more exciting and creative to post tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments :

My Paper World said...

Awwww! That pup with the balloon, is so very cute!

Unknown said...

your cards are fantastic as always!

Alhambra Club said...

I love your cuttlebug pup, I have the cats, these cards are great.

Kathy said...

These are cute - I don't have the pups, but I have some of the other embossing folders - some I have not even used. Thanks for the inspiration.

tomiannie said...

Aw, these are so cute! I just love the pups -- they have so much personality.

Clare said...

Cute cards, the little pups are adorable! Enjoy the Harry Potter book, DD read it first and she was kind enough not to spoil the ending for me!

Sharon Caudle said...

Love the cards! Those pups are just toooooo cute!!! And yes, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and am in the midst of the final book. I've stayed away from any and all spoilers. In fact, it was with GREAT caution that I started reading your post when I saw Harry mentioned! LOL!!