Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Smile - Birthday Card

A while ago, I made a very large (8.5" x 11") birthday card for my nephew / godson. I thought this super large size was perfect for a six year old! He did seem to like it!


I took two full sheets of cardstock, and I used the Cropadile to punch and set 5 eyelets to keep the two sheets together. I stamped the background of the white card front in red with one of my Stampin' Up small background stamps. The very cute large puppy and the word "smile" were cut on my Cricut using Paper Pups. I mounted "smile" on torn cardstock with inked edges. I set four eyelets and used some ribbon from Michael's to finish off the sentiment on the card.

I was thrilled with the way this turned out. I love the LARGE card for kids. I really love that happy puppy face! His smile is just fantastic!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments :

The Cryer Family said...

That's a great idea for a large card - joining them with brads! The card's great!

My Paper World said...

Love the puppy face! so cute! Love the inked torn edges, well love everything about it really!

Deborah said...

How cute is this little pup? Love what you did here! TFS- Deb

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a great cards, kids would go crazy over it. Love it.

Alex said...

What a great and adorable card! Perfect for kids. TFS - *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Clare said...

Love this card, the puppy is adorable. Great idea for making a large card.

Patsy Jackson said...

How cute and funny is this card - just love it - not surprised he did :)

michelle sturgeon said...

That puppy is so funny! Cute card!