Friday, September 7, 2007

The birthday cards continue . . .

Happy Friday everyone! Here is a birthday card I made last night. It will be set free to the USPS today for a birthday on the 10th.


I have Christina Cole Stand-Outs stickers that I got on QVC a while back. I really like them, but I don't use them enough. Well, I used them on this card, and I love it. The "make a wish . . . happy birthday" round sticker die cut is just perfect for the flower center. The "happy birthday" under the flower is actually from a long border strip, but I just cut the border down to use one part of it. I love how colorful these stickers are! The flower is a large Prima. I used the Cuttlebug to emboss yellow vellum, but I mounted the vellum on a yellow card front. I didn't want the vellum to look green when it got placed on the blue card base. I love the Cuttlebug embossing on vellum! The ribbon is from Michael's.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

The Cryer Family said...

Wow! Lovely big flower!

Alhambra Club said...

Too cool, love that flower and that ribbon, blue and yellow, great color combo

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

SO CUTE :)

Patsy Jackson said...

Gorgeous Carole - I saw this on the Cricut MB too - love the cheery colours!

Fe-Fe said...

What a lovely card. That blue is gorgeous. How do you do the inverted corners on the yellow paper? Do you just use half a hole punch or is it a special tool?