Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's Your Day . . . Enjoy It!

My one and only sister's birthday is on the 20th, and this is the card that I'm going to send to her. The round chipboard shape says, "it's your day - enjoy it!" What good birthday advice! I really like the soft colors on this card. More importantly, I think my sister will like it too!


This card is from a Lisa Bearson kit. She originally sold it as a Today's Special Value exclusively in the UK, but then she sold it in the States as her July Kit of the Month on her web site. I picked it up as the kit of the month, and I have to say, I love it! Tons of chipboard! I don't know what it is with card kits though, because I always add or change something! On this card, I really like the basic design, so I kept it, but I did add two layered Primas and a brad to the corner of the card. I also added Crystal Stickles above the chipboard rick rack piece, and I added a dot of Crystal Stickles to two dots in the patterned card base design. What did I do before Primas and Stickles? Seriously!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

Fe-Fe said...

Just wanted to thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog about the kids going back to school. I think sometimes, as parents, we prepare for the worst so that we will be pleasantly surprised when it goes better than we expected?! We end up fretting about it then more than the kids do!

Lovely card, by the way! Those prima flowers look great. A really nice touch, and such pretty colours too.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, the papers and colors are great and love how you placed the flowers.

The Cryer Family said...

Love this too - lovely colours and I like how you laid everything out just perfectly

Patsy Jackson said...

Another lovely card. I really like this one - very 'my style' - love the way you've added to the initial design - makes it more 'yours'!

Tracey said...

Great card - your sister should love it!